Privacy & Security Policies
Working Assets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including CREDO Mobile, Inc. and CREDO
Long Distance (“CREDO”) are committed to preserving your privacy and safeguarding
your credit card and other sensitive information. The following statement describes
our general information-gathering and usage practices.
Effective September 22, 2008
- CREDO follows all state and federal guidelines protecting customer information.
- CREDO Mobile customers – CREDO uses your social security number for credit verification
- CREDO does not sell, trade or release your e-mail address to outside third parties
unless they are named partners on a given project. CREDO uses your e-mail address
and/or site registration information to offer you special benefits and communicate
with you in the future. CREDO may also share this information with its vendors and
agents in order to provide you with service. Over time we will want to communicate
with you via e-mail to inform you about new features and content on our sites, to
request your vote on donations distribution (if eligible), and to make you aware
of our special bonus offers and other services. You can opt out of receiving any
communication from us by following the opt-out instructions in our e-mails. Alternatively,
you can opt out of receiving communications from us by visiting the Registration
page of this site and unsubscribing from the newsletter subscription information
located on the page. It is important to click the "Update Account Information" button
to complete your update. You can also modify any other registration information
by visiting the Registration page.
- CREDO may track information on which site pages are being visited and used so we
can make decisions about the design and usage of our sites.
- "Cookies" are bits of information that are stored by your browser on your hard drive.
This technology allows you to save your password so you don't have to re-enter it
each time you visit our site, and remembers you when you take action on our site.
CREDO uses "cookies" to identify return visitors and to serve ads to you while you
are online. No personally-identifiable information is collected in connection with
ad-serving. You can turn off the “cookie” function through most standard browsers.
- CREDO may provide aggregate information such as the number of users who visit a
particular linked site to other parties.
- CREDO may place small pieces of computer code on our site pages and in our e-mails
to facilitate personalized transactions.
- Whenever CREDO handles information that you enter on our sites, regardless of where
this occurs, we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and
in accordance with the relevant Terms of Service and this Privacy & Security Policy.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100%
secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, CREDO
cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from
our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive
your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- Our sites link to merchants and information sites. Each of these sites has its own
privacy practices and any information you share with these sites is subject to their
policies and practices and is independent of CREDO.
- Our sites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration
of the information under our control.
- If you have any questions about this Privacy & Security Policy, the practices of
CREDO's sites, or your dealings with our web sites, please contact:
Customer Service Team
101 Market Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, California 94105